Product Description & Reviews
Za'atar is the signature spice blend of Palestine! Thyme is wild collected from the hills near Jenin, then dried and blended with roasted sesame seeds, ground sumac, and a touch of sea-salt by women-owned cooperatives. This herb will add lots of flavour on your tomatoes, meat, fish, eggs, or labne cheese. Olive oil, za'atar and fresh-baked bread is the daily breakfast in Palestine. A versatile and everyday spice blend, Za'atar is a wonderfully healthy, richly scented and flavorful seasoning that blends the flavors of thyme, oregano, and citric summer into a deliciously strong and aromatic mix of floral, herby notes and rich flavors. Oregano and thyme are farmed by women in small patches, then dried and blended with roasted sesame seeds, ground sumac, and a touch of sea salt using ancient methods. Canaan Fair Trade uses the fair trade concept to empower marginalized Palestinian rural communities caught in conflict so they can sustain their livelihoods and culture. To that end, they have built direct working relationships with these communities, paying sustainable prices for their agricultural products to ensure fair wages for labor along the supply chain.
Features & Highlights
- The signature spice blend of Palestine, delicious on tomatoes, meat, fish, eggs, and labne cheese.
- Organic thyme grown near Nablus by 22 women farmers on small plots is picked, meticulously cleaned and dried.
- Za'atar is thyme blended with roasted sesame seeds, ground sumac and a touch of salt. Ours is processed by a PFTA women-owned cooperative in Al-Jalama.
- Olive oil, za'atar and fresh-baked bread is the daily breakfast in Palestine.
- Za'atar keeps indefinitely refrigerated or frozen.
|Package Weight:||0.53 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.12 x 3.35 x 3.35 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.