Product Description & Reviews
Domori had a great intuition: saving the world's most prized cocoa varieties from extinction, preserving the original aromas and making them accessible to great chocolate enthusiasm all over the world. Being the first to use only fine cacao plants (10% of world harvest) was a brave choice considering that these are the most delicate, rare and least productive varieties. Domori has always fought to protect these prized cocoa varieties, their organoleptic profile, their biodiverse natural habitat and the farmers who work in the plantations. Domori only works with Criollo, Trinitario and Nacional cocoas in all productions. Domori assesses the compliance of the cacao beans with its rigid qualitative standards: samples of cacao undergo severe biological analysis and the traditional cut test. Samples have to be perfectly fermented and dried, and must have biological values in compliance with the law. Once the beans pass all these steps they are processed into sample bars. These are evaluated by a professional panel composed of expert IIC trained tasters. At the end of the entire process, Domori sends its feedback to the supplier alongside some of the sample chocolate produced, either asking to proceed with the purchase or communicating any defects in the batch. Once the batch reaches Domori the beans are cleaned of any foreign bodies and sanitized briefly through a vapour current at 200ºC which has no impact on the organoleptic or nutritional values of the beans. Follows a roasting process at low temperatures between 100ºC and 120ºC to preserve their aromatic profile. The beans are then crushed and separated form the skins, leaving perfectly roasted and cleaned aromatic cacao nibs. We recommend to use a pure recipe with the Domori nibs to treasure all their aromatic strength: only cocoa nibs and sugar for a result with an incredible organoleptic profile. The product must be stored in a cool, dry, odour-free place, at temperature of 14-20ºC / 57-68ºF.
Features & Highlights
- Easy-to-use cleaned and gently toasted nibs to work directly in a chocolate melanger to create incredible cocoa masses and chocolates.
- Nacional is an aromatic cocoa, covering only 2% of world production. Thanks to its genetics this Arriba Nacional the chocolate obtained will have a pleasant aromatic profile with hints of walnut, banana and citrus fruit for a fresh and delicate finished product.
- These nibs come from beans selected in Ecuador in the Bolivar and Esmeraldas provinces thanks to cooperation and development agreements with small growers in the area.
- Region of origin: Bolivar and Esmeraldas. Fermentation period of the beans: 4 days.
- Great to use as addition in everyday meals or snacks as part of an healthy diet. Average nutritional values for 100g: energy: 616Kcal-2547KJ, Proteins 16.0g, Carbohydrates 15.0g, of which sugars 1.0g, fats 52.0g, of which saturated 20.0g, fibres 12.0g, ashes 3.0g, salt 0.2g.
|Item Weight:||2.2 pounds|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.