Product Description & Reviews
American paddlefish belongs to the order of acipenseriformes and is protected by CITES. Paddlefish is listed as a ?vulnerable? species on the IUCN Red List. In the wild, Paddlefish can reach up to 7 feet long and weigh up to 220 lbs. Paddlefish live in the slow-flowing waters of the Mississippi, Louisiana, Missouri, Ohio and Oklahoma River systems. Its diet consists mainly of plankton, copepods, small crustaceans, larval insects and algae. Paddlefish caviar is one of the most popular types of caviar for commercial use. It is not generally suggested for first timers because of its strong flavor and earthy finish. However, its competitive price and excellent quality make this caviar the number one choice for weddings, birthday parties, anniversaries, cocktail receptions, etc. This caviar is a great addition to hors d?oeuvres, canap?s and is best when served with accompaniments such as cr?me fraiche, potatoes, minced shallots etc. Paddlefish caviar would be a great recommendation for a chef that would like to add caviar to a brunch buffet or an event with a limited budget. It is commonly used on cruise lines and restaurant chains as their buffet caviar of choice. It is the preferred choice for an ?every-day? caviar. Attention: CITES certificate needed for export of this product. - Manufacturer: Marky's - Brand: Marky's Caviar - Origin: USA - Size: Firm, medium size beads - Color: Pearlescent light to dark steely grey color pearls - Flavor: Robust, bold, complex ocean flavor - Caviar Fish & Grade: Paddlefish, Grade 1 - Shipping: Product is perishable and will be shipped via Overnight shipping - Preparation: Fresh Frozen, Cured with Salt - Packaging: Jar / Tin - Storage Type: Only Refrigerated, the product is perishable! - Best served on a blini with cr?me fraiche or other accompaniments - Drinks: ice cold vodka, dry white wine or champagne brut
Features & Highlights
- Our specially selected Paddlefish Caviar is a great addition to our caviar pantheon! It is considered a cousin to the Caspian Sevruga, to one of the highest priced varieties of caviar! Delectably fresh and exceedingly aromatic with that wonderful robust, bold, complex ocean flavor, our Paddlefish Caviar ranges in color from light to dark steel gray. It has medium-sized pearls and firm texture. Just try this caviar with our signature blinis, with Cr?me Fresh and you will love it!
- Caviar DOES NOT contain Pesticides, added Hormones or Antibiotics.
- Our Paddlefish Caviar contains Omega 3?s, Vitamin A, B12, E, Calcium, Selenium and Iron which helps to promote strong bones, teeth and a healthy immune system.
- We guarantee Overnight Delivery with Ice Packs to preserve freshness. Note: the product is perishable and should be stored in refrigerator, 32-38F.
- We offer a unique and unsurpassed selection of the finest, first quality malossol caviar available, directly sourced and hand selected from each harvest. High quality at a low price!
|Item Weight:||0.25 pounds|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.