Product Description & Reviews
Also known as gram flour, organic Chana Besan is made up dried chickpeas that have been ground up into a gluten free four. Organic Chana Besan is commonly used in a batter to make savory kadhi with yogurt or deep fried pakodas and is also useful in combination with other flours or for making deserts. For those seeking a gluten-free flour substitute, Organic Chana Besan can be useful in place of wheat flour in many recipes. It lends a nutty taste to breads, sauces and other foods, and is also a versatile and healthy alternative to complement recipes and dishes. As a certified USDA Organic, non-GMO, vegan and gluten-free product, organic Chana Besan complements vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free lifestyles. An excellent source of protein and high in fiber, it provides 21 grams of protein and 10 grams of dietary fiber per serving, as well as 25 percent of daily recommended iron intake. Organic Chana Besan is a Certified USDA Organic product. Certified USDA Organic products are grown and produced using methods that preserve the environment while avoiding synthetic materials such as antibiotics and pesticides. Products that meet these standards are produced by organic farmers and food processors that preserve natural resources and biodiversity, only use approved materials, do not used genetically modified ingredients (GMOs), receive annual inspections and separate organic food from non-organic food. Organic Chana Besan is a GMO-free and vegan food, meaning no specific changes were introduced into its DNA via genetic engineering and it exclude all forms of animal products including meat, eggs, dairy, poultry, seafood and honey. Organic Chana Besan is gluten-free, which means that it does not contain any ingredient that is derived from any type of wheat, rye, barley or crossbreeds. The two-pound package contains approximately 908 grams of Chana Besan. It's recommended to store this product in a dry, cool place and away from sunlight.
Features & Highlights
- Commonly known as gram flour, organic Chana Besan consists of dried up chickpeas which have been ground into a gluten free flour. Chana Besan is useful as a substitute for wheat flour or in combination with other flours, and is commonly used in batters to make deep fried pakodas or kadhi. As a certified USDA Organic, non-GMO, vegan and gluten-free product, organic Chana Besan complements vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free lifestyles as a high protein and high fiber option.
- Lending a nutty taste to breads, sauces and other foods, organic Chana Besan is a healthy and versatile alternative to complement recipes dishes and recipes. It provides a beneficial source of protein and fiber with 21 grams of protein per serving an d 10 grams of dietary fiber per serving. Chana Besan also provides 25 percent of the daily iron intake recommendation.
- As a Certified USDA Organic product, the ingredients in organic Chana Besan are produced and grown and using methods that preserve the environment while avoiding synthetic materials such as pesticides and antibiotics.
- Additionally, organic Chana Besan is a vegan and GMO-free food, which means that it excludes all forms of animal products including eggs, seafood, meat, dairy, honey and poultry and that no changes were introduced via genetic engineering into its DNA.
- There are approximately 908 grams of organic Chana Besan in the two-pound package. Store this product in cool, dry place that's away from direct sunlight.
|Item Weight:||0.02 pounds|
|Package Weight:||2.05 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.2 x 3.4 x 3.4 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.