Product Description & Reviews
Cacao, or Cocoa, is the fruit of a small, evergreen tree called Theobroma cacao. It grows in tropical climates, particularly in South America. Cacao is best-known as the base material in chocolate production, but has in recent years become known as a highly nutritious food in its own right.
Cacao is a source of antioxidant flavanoids the cacao flavanoid group is known collectively as flavanols. The antioxidant provision of foods is measured on a scale referred to as ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity). Cacao has an exceptionally high ORAC score. It is also significantly rich in magnesium and fats such as Oleic acid, the fat found in olive oil.
A well-known Harvard Medical School study investigated the effects of Cacao on the Kuma Indians of Panama, comparing a group given to drinking large quantities of home-prepared Cacao with another exhibiting more modern dietary habits. The results were startling: put simply, the Cacao-consuming group had much lower rates of stroke, cardiovascular disease and cancer than the other.
Features & Highlights
- Made from high quality Peruvian Criollo Cacao beans, rich in antioxidants.
- A versatile baking ingredient and a healthy addition to smoothies and desserts.
- Dairy Free - GMO Free - Soya Free - Yeast Free Gluten Free No Preservatives
- Certified organic by the Soil Association and certified Vegan by the Vegan Society.
- Rainforest Foods will fund the purchase of one square metre of cloud forest in the Neblina Reserve in Ecuador for every pack sold.
|Item Weight:||0.55 pounds|
|Item Size:||6.3 x 9.06 x 9.06 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.62 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.35 x 1.34 x 1.34 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.